Viktor and Rolf RTW Fall 2008
Their collection was simply divine (as with the rest of the collections of Fall 2008). As you can see, The clothes were de-constructed using stamples (genius, it is a modern take on 70s punk rock rebellion).
Fast foward to Fall 2009 which turned out special, especially in Milan wherein Prada and Marni showed two of the few best collections
Prada RTW Fall 2009
Marni RTW Fall 2009
Prada paid no homage to the fairly recent decade of the 80s where many (as in many) designers try to bring back. Arent they nauseated of repeating the 80s for far to long? or did they forget that Balmain already singlehandedly brought the eighties back 2-3 seasons ago with the ripped denim skinny pants, the Over-the-side-dramatic-kinda-like-shoulderpads-but-not-really-Shoulders and ultra short party dresses.Together with Prada, Marni stayed true to their design philosphy injecting eccentricity in their clothes without making it overly styled.
My favorite shows were Prada, Rodarte, Marni, Chloe, Chanel, YSL, Lanvin, Nina Ricci and Balenciaga. Hands Down the best shows of Fall 2009
This blog entry is fairly easy to understand, I am forecasting the next possible color trend that we will all see after the heatwave we are experiencing here in the Philippines. I hope im right :)
If im right it, Red (rustic wine like velvety red - and red with a tinge of violet) will be the color of Fall 2009. As seen in collections of Dries Van Noten, Fendi, Prada, Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana and MORE.
Dries van Noten RTW Fall 2009
Fendi RTW Fall 2009
Gucci RTW Fall 2009
Akris RTW Fall 2009
Sonia Rykiel RTW Fall 2009
Dolce and Gabbana RTW Fall 2009
Enough said with the color choice.
Here are the trends to look out for this Summer and the next colder months
* Chainmail Like Clothing (best exemplified by the Stella McCartney chainmail dresses 2 seasons ago, but Roberto Cavalli and Prada showed edgier versions of it in thier dresses and pants)Roberto Cavalli RTW Fall 2009
Prada RTW Fall 2009
* 80s revival (you name it trash and vaudeville, squared off shoulders, ripped damaged bleached jeans, grudge-out on the night party girls-disco dresses,color splash, short cocktail dresses, iridescent clothing, max Accessories, and the list goes on)
Balmain RTW Spring 2009
* Maximalism! bold accessories (not just necklaces, but hats, shoes, bags etc). In this recession, why become a boring depressed person! put on all the accessories in your wardrobe and be happy with it lolDries van Noten RTW Spring 2009
Diane von Furstenberg RTW Fall 2009
* Remember the Boyfriend Jacket? I dont know if it reached here, but we've seen some hollywood celebs wear them. I think they'll stay until Fall 2009 together with the Skinned Harem Pants, Dropped Jhodpurs and Ripped Denim Daisy Dukes and Pants which are the key trends this Summer. Think the Marrakech Express + Denim Galore + Trash and Vaudeville 80s sensibilities + a whole lot of attitude = a great spring/summer look.
Dries van Noten RTW Spring 2009Rag and Bone RTW Spring 2009
Givenchy RTW Spring 2009
William Rast RTW Spring 2009
Ralph Lauren RTW Spring 2009
* As we all know if there is RED, BLUE would be present. Just in case im wrong with the color for Fall, try on Blue which was showed in some shows around milan, new york and london (i havent seen paris fashion week yet)
* Have you seen Rachel Zoe channeling Paramore frontwoman Haley? not with the crazy RED hair ofcourse but with the oversized beanie+bonnnet+beret like headpiece. Dries Van Noten Spring 2009 had a collection full of headpieces. I love them. WEAR them :) bummer i cant find a decent picture of the oversized beanie she wore.Rachel Zoe @ Carolina Herrera Fall 2009
Rachel Zoe @ Matthew Williamson Fall 2009
I recommend you to see the collections of Chanel, Chloe, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander Mcqueen, Nina Ricci, Christopher Kane, Jaeger London, Christian Lacroix, Dries Van Noten, Prada, Marni, Gucci, Karl Lagerfeld, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Anne Demeulemeester and Rodarte for future references
visit http://www.style.com/ for more fashion.
I know im getting ahead of myself because most of the Fall 2009 concepts will probably be introduced here in the Philippines in August or September, but still its better to be informed than to not know at all.
Hope this will inspire you to recreate and BUY more stuff! who cares if theres a recession! right? :)